Love songs

Belofte maakt schuld:
enkele favoriete liedjes over liefde en verdriet.
Toeval of niet - alle van Bobby Dylan.
They say the darkest hour is right before the dawn
(Meet me in the Morning)
I give her my heart but she wanted my soul
(Don’t think twice, it’s all right)
Then she opened up a book of poems
And handed it to me written by an Italian poet
From the thirteenth century.
And every one of them words rang true
And glowed like burnin' coal
Pourin' off of every page
Like it was written in my soul from me to you,
(Tangled up in blue)
Ain't it clear that I just can't fit
Yes, I believe it's time for us to quit
(Just like a woman)
Bird on the horizon sitting on the fence
He's singing his song for me at his own expense
And I'm just like that bird oh oh
Singing just for you
I hope that you can hear
Hear me singing through these tears.
(...)
I'm going out of my mind, oh, oh,
With a pain that stops and starts
Like a corkscrew to my heart
Ever since we've been apart.
(You're a big girl now)
enkele favoriete liedjes over liefde en verdriet.
Toeval of niet - alle van Bobby Dylan.
They say the darkest hour is right before the dawn
(Meet me in the Morning)
I give her my heart but she wanted my soul
(Don’t think twice, it’s all right)
Then she opened up a book of poems
And handed it to me written by an Italian poet
From the thirteenth century.
And every one of them words rang true
And glowed like burnin' coal
Pourin' off of every page
Like it was written in my soul from me to you,
(Tangled up in blue)
Ain't it clear that I just can't fit
Yes, I believe it's time for us to quit
(Just like a woman)
Bird on the horizon sitting on the fence
He's singing his song for me at his own expense
And I'm just like that bird oh oh
Singing just for you
I hope that you can hear
Hear me singing through these tears.
(...)
I'm going out of my mind, oh, oh,
With a pain that stops and starts
Like a corkscrew to my heart
Ever since we've been apart.
(You're a big girl now)
Comments
Post a Comment